Satellite Teleport Service
Telstra Global's teleport services offer satellite operators and satellite service providers a comprehensive solution to their uplinking, downlinking and telehousing requirements.
Leveraging Hong Kong's strategic geographic location, Stanley is Asia's largest commercial teleport and we have 15 operating antennas. Coupled with our world-class teleports in Perth and Sydney and our robust terrestrial network around the globe, Telstra Global provides integrated satellite and terrestrial broadcast solutions of the highest standard.
Customers can have their own satellite platforms telehoused at our teleports and have immediate access to Telstra Global’s robust Internet backbone and global fibre network. With 24/7 monitoring and operations support provided by a team of experienced operating and engineering staff, satellite operators and satellite service providers find our teleport solution a flexible and effective tool to deliver high quality satellite services to their customers.
We provide a complete suite of teleport services including:
- Telehousing, teleport uplink, downlink and turnaround and operations support from our three strategically located satellite teleports in Hong Kong, Sydney and Perth
- Access to over 20 major C and Ku band satellite systems from Indian Ocean region to Pacific Ocean region
- Historical service availability better than 99.99%
- Full redundancy and diversity for commercial power, UPS and diesel generators
- 24/7 monitoring and fault reporting centre
- SDH/GE/FE/SDI/ASI local backhaul systems in Hong Kong with physical route diversity
- Seamless connectivity with Telstra Global’s global terrestrial network
Satellite Teleport Solution
- All Telstra Global antennas have access approvals from the relevant satellite operators
- Each teleport site has both circular and linear polarisation antenna restoration capabilities as appropriate.
- 1:N auto-switched redundancy with N=2 for wide band RF subsystems except N=4 for Klystron HPAs
- 1:N auto-switched redundancy where N=4 for up and down chains
- 1:N auto-switched redundancy for modulators and demodulators where N=8 for services up to 2Mbit/s and N=4 for services above 2Mbit/s
- Telstra Global teleports employ SDH rings with physical diversity for terrestrial backhaul.
- Telstra Global holds sufficient spares for all critical and consumable items
- Telstra Global teleports employ full redundancy in UPS and diesel generator systems and have physical diversity in their commercial power system feeds.
- All antennas have conservative wind speed ratings for normal operations and survival situations to minimise the risk of service interruption
- Telstra Global teleport sites employ adequate buffer zones for protection against man-made noise
Satellite Television Service
Telstra Global's teleport solution provides worldwide coverage across North America, the Pacific Ocean, Asia, the Indian Ocean, Europe and Africa through more than 35 operating antennas in Hong Kong and Australia accessing all major satellite systems.
- Delivers a wide range of satellite options and greatest flexibility in satellite plans
- Provides teleport service of the highest quality and reliability standard
- Supports solution customisation and ensures cost-effective solutions
- High quality teleport plus Internet access solution with optimum service flexibility and cost efficiency
- High quality teleport plus IPL solution with instant connectivity to major cities around the globe
- Ensures that customers get the best value available in the market
- Shortens provisioning lead time
- Largest teleport in Asia with access to key satellite systems in the region
- Redundant systems design and 24/7 operations support
- Solution support from a team of experienced satellite systems engineers
- Access to robust Internet backbone networks
- Access to Telstra Global's world-class global fibre network
- Competitive pricing
- Spare inventory of ground communication equipment