Telstra is a leading global supplier of managed network, international data, voice and satellite services. We are part of the leading Australia-based, AU $25 billion tier 1 telecommunications and media services company, Telstra Corporation Limited.
We provide a range of telecommunication services, through our related group of companies to corporate clients around the world. Our related companies include but are not limited to:
Telstra International Limited, in Hong Kong;
Telstra Singapore Pte Ltd, in Singapore;
Telstra Limited, in the UK;
Telstra Incorporated, in the US; and
Telstra Japan KK, in Japan.
We do not provide or market services to individuals. We collect information from our corporate clients, including information about directors, authorized signatories and individuals within such corporations with whom we interact, that is, information about individuals is collected in that individual’s official capacity within that corporation.
Your personal information
Personal information held by us includes your name, position, company name, current correspondence address, telephone or mobile phone number, fax number, email address and your username or password used to access your accounts. If you choose not to provide certain personal information (e.g. mobile phone number), we may not be able to provide your corporation with the services or the level of service that it requires or expects.
When you provide personal information about other individuals to us, we rely on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to us and to advise them that we can be contacted for further information (see 'How to contact us' at the end of this page).
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, for example, when you provide information by phone, in application forms or other agreements, or when you submit your personal details through our websites (eg. during telstraglobal.com registration);
- from third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from the organisations identified under 'When we disclose your personal information';
- from our own records of how you use your Telstra services;
- when you visit our websites. For more information on how our websites collect information please view Cookies and Your Privacy.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- verify your identity;
- assist you to subscribe to our services on behalf of a company that you represent;
- provide the services you require on behalf of a company that you represent;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the services provided the company you represent, could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for fraud;
- research and develop our services;
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for us to provide the company you represent with a better service; and
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Also, your personal information is collected so that we and our related bodies can promote and market managed network, international data, voice and satellite services to the company that you represent (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing, email, SMS and MMS messages). This is to keep you, in your official capacity, informed of products, services and special offers and may continue after you cease acquiring services from us.
If you do not wish us or our related bodies to contact you to promote and market products, services and special offers to you, please email us.
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services your company requires or expects, we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Telstra. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to us operating our business and providing our services to you.
These organisations carry out our:
- customer enquiries;
- mailing operations;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- installation, maintenance and repair services;
- marketing, telemarketing and door-knocking services;
- market research; and
- website usage analysis.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- our related companies so that they may offer products or services to a company that you represent;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- other telecommunication and information service providers (for example, if you obtain services from other providers, we may need to disclose your personal information for billing purposes);
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law; and
- organisations who manage our business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing our corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitisation).
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That's why we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name or address. If you are a subscriber to one of our online products or services, you may change your personal details by using the relevant facility on our websites.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
We reserve the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please email us. Please note that this number is not for general service enquiries.
Updated as at 12th September 2013
Telstra International Limited of 19th Floor, Telecom House, 3 Gloucester Road, Hong Kong